Douglas Johnson on Sat, 20 Sep 2003 01:09:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: messed up redhat box

> What did you try to do to "thwart the verisign catchall thing"

I pointed 64.94.110.11 in /etc/host to nulladdress.localdomain in hopes
that my computer would go their when tring to do figure out where verisign
is so that all of my webcrawling scripts that rely on requests dying when
a dns is no longer valid would work correctly (I havn't had a problem with
them yet but that dosn't mean thier not indexing the hell out of that
verisign site). Unfortunatly I think that /etc/hosts is only used to
do (are the called forward?) name resolutions. Oh well.

resolve.conf looks like this:
[douglas@localhost douglas]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
search kensgt01.pa.comcast.net
nameserver 68.80.0.6
nameserver 68.80.0.5

iptables-save without paramters returns nothing.
I don't think I maid it clear in my first post that every other site in the internet seems
to work fine (slashdot LWN CNN REUTERS landez) I have sshed to hosts in utah florida and lasvegas
and 'wget'ed google.com just fine from the same remote (ip) address that is refusing me here.

can anyone reading this that has comcast in philly see google.com?

I am worried that this is a virus of some sort so I am going to boot over to windows and see
how things are hanging there. Thanks
-douglas