Paul on Mon, 29 Sep 2003 01:58:19 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Annual Phila Tech Fun Weekend

M.Simons wrote:

We should also retain the ability to archive old guest lists, so each
year's (RSVP'ed at least) attendance can be recorded for historical
purposes, as well as maintaining people's email addresses for contact in
the successive year.

I just did a structure-only table copy. Planning ahead, the orignal table is named "rsvp2003". The new table is called "rsvp2004".

Oops, I see the flaw in that idea now. The orginal table should have a generic name. Only tables from past years should be dated. Otherwise, the scripts need to be updated with the new table name each year. I'll fix that.