W. Chris Shank on Mon, 6 Oct 2003 00:49:30 -0400

[PLUG] Linux server migration headache

I need to move all the data from one linux server to another. I'm having
the most trouble with moving the user/group accounts. I thought copying
the differential into the passwd, shadow, group files would be enough -
yet it still doesn't allow migrated user logins. I'm wondering if the
servers use a different encryption key for the passwd or something.

Anyone know of a good resource to automate this process?
--
W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC