Jeffrey J. Nonken on 8 Oct 2003 17:25:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Attempt at notebook install

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:32:26 -0400, Paul wrote:
>example, if you see "S10network" make sure pcmcia has a lower number
>like S09pcmcia.  If it doesn't just do a move command to rename the
>symbolic link.  Example, "mv S15pcmcia S09pcmcia".

hmm. pcmcia doesn't have its own file, it's called by S10Network.

http://jnork.nonken.net/images/MandrakeHangsOnPCMCIA_02.jpg

That's the rc5.d version, but grep sez it's in all of them, and nowhere else. Looks like it's calling the network config before pcmcia. I moved it up and rebooted, but it doesn't seem to make any difference in the order. I noticed a comment in a config window that says it's OK to enable PCMCIA, it will only be called if something needs it... I wonder if it's waiting to initialize it until something specifically needs to use it? Just In Time initialization. :/

-----
Jeffrey J. Nonken
http://jnork.nonken.net/