Paul on 12 Oct 2003 02:55:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Fedora Linux

W. Chris Shank wrote:

I don't know if add/remove apps recognizes the cdrom, I use synaptic to
update. I know the cdrom works though - and burns fine.

It's a reported bug. Add/Remove will prompt for a CD, but it will never see that you have given it the CD, so it continues to prompt for the CD.

What steps did you take to install apt-rpm and synaptic? Apt-get worked for me. I used it to install synaptic. Synaptic seems to work until it tries to install anything. At that point it freezes.