W. Chris Shank on 12 Oct 2003 03:01:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Fedora Linux

I think I used the apt RPM for RH 9. then I pointed my repository to:

http://download.fedora.us/fedora/ redhat/0.94/i386 os updates stable
unstable testing (i like to get everything)

I haven't really had any problems with synaptic - other than packages i
want not being in the tree.

On Sat, 2003-10-11 at 22:54, Paul wrote:
> W. Chris Shank wrote:
>
> >I don't know if add/remove apps recognizes the cdrom, I use synaptic to
> >update. I know the cdrom works though - and burns fine.
> >

> It's a reported bug.  Add/Remove will prompt for a CD, but it will never
> see that you have given it the CD, so it continues to prompt for the CD.
>
> What steps did you take to install apt-rpm and synaptic?  Apt-get worked
> for me.  I used it to install synaptic.  Synaptic seems to work until it
> tries to install anything.  At that point it freezes.

W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC
chris.shank@acetechgroup.com
http://www.acetechgroup.com