gabriel rosenkoetter on 15 Oct 2003 18:11:02 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Spam

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 06:02:42PM -0400, Jeffrey J. Nonken wrote:
> I don't really want to promote an extended off-topic discussion here,
> so I won't answer your points. I posted to the list because I wanted
> to make others aware of the potential for problems. Looks like the
> answer, for me at least, is to quit the list.

You're welcome to leave, taking whatever ball you have with you, but
I think you're being silly, since Mailman makes it very possible for
you to do exactly what you want (have your email address listed in
the archives NOT be reachable by spammers) without forcing that same
preference choice on others.

As I already pointed out, you can subscribe from a garbage address,
turn mail delivery off for it in the Mailman interface, then post
from that address.

The key here is "turn mail delivery off for it in the Mailman
interface". That's the lesson those of you posting from unsubscribed
addresses, who are subscribed at other addresses, need to learn
too.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net