Mental on 20 Oct 2003 09:20:02 -0400

[PLUG] workstation raid recomendations

Hey, I'm going to be adding a raid volume to my system at home. I was
considering using the onboard high point raid controler until I realized
(thanks to google) that it is a glorified software raid. So now I'm
looking for a decent raid 0 controler. I'm not worried about fault
tolerance, just performance (thus that raid level). So fare 3ware seems to
be the most likely candidate for a controler card. So if anyone has used
these cards or has other recomendations, I'd be glad to hear about it. The
system in question is an athlon xp 2800+, 1G memory, running Debian (sid)
w/ 2.6.0-testX.

Windows interoperability is a good thing as there's no personal edition of
maya for linux yet :)

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

 All our father's backs are broken