kaze on 20 Oct 2003 12:03:02 -0400

RE: [PLUG] workstation raid recommendations

--> From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
--> [mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Mental
--> Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 9:21 AM
--> To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
--> Subject: [PLUG] workstation raid recommendations
-->
-->
--> Hey, I'm going to be adding a raid volume to my system at home. I was
--> considering using the onboard high point raid controler until I realized
--> (thanks to google) that it is a glorified software raid. So now I'm
--> looking for a decent raid 0 controler. I'm not worried about fault
--> tolerance, just performance (thus that raid level). So fare
--> 3ware seems to
--> be the most likely candidate for a controler card. So if anyone has used
--> these cards or has other recommendations, I'd be glad to hear
--> about it. The
--> system in question is an athlon xp 2800+, 1G memory, running
--> Debian (sid)
--> w/ 2.6.0-testX.

Check out these IDE RAID controller cards:

Promise Fasttrak100TX2 RAID0+1
Promise SX6000 RAID5