Joseph B. Welsh on 20 Oct 2003 10:04:01 -0400

[PLUG] Book Recommendation

Hey List,

I have a good chance to take over an outside consulting job that manages
a CVS repository.  The requirements for the position are Unix shell
scripting, perl scripting and CVS administration.

I already have O'Reilly book Essential CVS, but I would like to get some
recommendations for the Unix Shell and Perl.

This work would be done on an HP D380 with HP-UX 11

I work with this model daily as the Oracle DBA for my company but this
doesn't entail scripting.  I use Gentoo daily on my notebook and my home
systems.  I also have basic programming skils and have made some really
simple backup scripts.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed

Thanks
Joe