Michael C. Toren on 23 Oct 2003 14:38:02 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Job Posting

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 02:25:20PM -0400, Paul wrote:
> >I realize the job market sucks, but I think most of the people on the
> >list might prefer jobs a) somewhere in the greater Philadelphia area,
> >and b) having something to do with Unix.  Or does Notes run on Linux
> >these days?
>
> Some people on this list might... ...be located in a remote location,
> relative to Philadelphia, such as Pittsburg.  ...be willing to relocate.
> ...take a non-Unix job over no job at all.  ...get a sense of hope from
> computer jobs being available at all.

However I think you'd agree that these individuals would be in the
minority, and would be best served by looking for work through other means
than subscribing to PLUG.  While we've grown tolerant of job postings in
the last year or so, PLUG isn't primarily an employment forum, and I don't
think it's unreasonable to request that job postings be "on-topic".

-mct