Paul on 23 Oct 2003 14:52:02 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Job Posting

Michael C. Toren wrote:

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 02:25:20PM -0400, Paul wrote:

Some people on this list might... ...be located in a remote location,
relative to Philadelphia, such as Pittsburg. ...be willing to relocate.
...take a non-Unix job over no job at all. ...get a sense of hope from
computer jobs being available at all.

However I think you'd agree that these individuals would be in the
minority, and would be best served by looking for work through other means
than subscribing to PLUG. While we've grown tolerant of job postings in
the last year or so, PLUG isn't primarily an employment forum, and I don't
think it's unreasonable to request that job postings be "on-topic".

If you have a job it is easy to take that position.

I don't how many people subscribe to PLUG for the purpose of finding a job. The list is generally helpful and the discussions are interesting. There have been less desirable threads than one person trying to help others in this dreary job market.

What: Virtual Career Fair
Where: http://www.jobcircle.com/diversity
When: Now - October 31st, 2003
Details:  Hundreds of positions in all industries with many of the region's
hottest companies are available online for your review - apply instantly
online!