gabriel rosenkoetter on 20 Nov 2003 23:11:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] software choice

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 10:59:31PM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Wait, is Thunderbird what they called Phoenix after the sucked it
> back in and made it into a release?

Whoops, what I wrote was about Firebird (the web browser, which is
actually Phoenix re-wrapped), not Thunderbird (the web browser). You
can see how I may have been confused, since "thunderbird" and
"phoenix" mean the same thing, while a firebird is just a model of
automobile.

I can't say as I've used Thunderbird, though from what I've seen of
the screenshots, I wouldn't find the interface any less clumsy than
I found Netscape 4's mail and news interface. So, it's better than
Outlook, but I have zero interest in reading email through a GUI
interface, so I don't even really have much of an opinion on it.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net