Erin Mulder on 25 Nov 2003 10:44:03 -0500

[PLUG] PhillyJUG Tonight: Open Source and Free Tools for Java Development

It's late notice, but I thought I'd pass along the announcement for tonight's PhillyJUG meeting (at Villanova University). Every tool we're going to discuss works on Linux, and many can be useful for non-Java projects.

Cheers,
Erin

http://www.phillyjug.org/nextMeeting.html

Open Source and Free Tools for Java Development

Application servers, databases and development tools can get pretty expensive, but you don't need to break the budget to develop with Java/J2EE. In this session, we'll look at free and open source options for everything you need, from servers and IDEs to source control, bug tracking, profiling, modeling, automated testing and much more. If you've ever wondered how PostgreSQL compares to Oracle, or whether there's an open source version of OptimizeIt or LoadRunner, this is your chance to find out.