Rebecca Ore on 30 Nov 2003 20:33:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: What Does "Install" Really Mean

On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 06:14:01PM -0500, Paul (emailme@dpagin.net) wrote:

> Like I said, sometime RPM gets confused.  By forcing a package to be
> installed with --nodeps then removing the package, sometimes that
> resolves the problem and allows the package to be installed the usual
> way.  I should have added that to my last message.

Using the replace package option seems to be a perhaps safer way to do
this when rpm's database is confused.  Also, rebuilding the database
isn't a bad idea either.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://mysite.verizon.net/rebecca.ore