M.Simons on 11 Dec 2003 15:43:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: Thoughts on creating a virtual file system

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> I have a couple old drives that I'm probably going to take a hammer to
> just because I don't need them and don't feel like setting up a whole
> machine (or taking down an existing one) just to wipe the sensitive
> info like my gpg keychain.

I don't know if this is a joke or what, but, this will not make data on
harddrives unrecoverable.  I see stories on the news, etc. sometimes about
taking a drill or other device to your harddrive, or individual drive
platters.. etc.. given, there are not many people who would go to such
lengths to recover data from them, but it's still possible.

BTW, if anybody goes and takes their harddrives apart or otherwise
destroys them... I know an artist who wants the magnets from them.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY www.michaelsimons.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org