Alex Birch on 17 Dec 2003 16:08:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Win98 End of Life -> Lin98?

W. Chris Shank wrote:

the issue with that approach (and it is one that i advocate) is that if
the system doesn't meet their needs - then they need to convert back to
windows 98 - since XP/2000 won't run their software. so they made an
expensive investment and would have little to show in return. plus -
they would have already paid for XP on the system (unless they buy
directly from me) so it's a double whammy.

Why not just use P3 or better for your main computer and then use vnc or x term?

They can purchase a computer from Dell, Wal Mart, or IBM without Windows.

Would you please reply below the text for email lists? I can understand the above method for non-technical people.