W. Chris Shank on 17 Dec 2003 11:45:03 -0500

[PLUG] Win98 End of Life -> Lin98?

I've got many clients still using Windows 98 - either because they
really don't need any more or they have some legacy application that
won't run on newer windows (DOS apps).

Seems to me this could be a good opportunity to get Linux converts if
there were a linux distro specifically tailored to machines currently
running Win98 (ie: lowerend P2 and up, 64M ram, etc). Their needs are
generally minimal: internet, email, office, and maybe a special DOS
application or two. If this distro included a working/easy DOS layer, I
could get several clients to switch right away.

Does anyone know of a distro focused on this type of user?

What windows manager would be pretty good - I heard that XFCE is a
rather lightweight desktop?

Are there any distros specifically focused on Xfce?

Does anyone have a similar need for their clients? Would you be
interested in a distro that did this?

thanks

--
W. Chris Shank