Walt Mankowski on 27 Jan 2004 04:15:03 -0000

[PLUG] Tracking down expired domains

I'm trying to look into what happened to a domain and website of a
church group my mom belongs to.  Apparently the guy who registered the
domain and created the website took ill and no one's been able to
get ahold of him.  The web server is offline, and now the domain
registration has expired as well.

When I first looked into this a few months ago, there was a listing in
whois for the domain (cdapa.org).  I was planning on contacting the
domain registrar to see if they knew anything about it, but now when I
run "whois cdapa.org" is just returns "NOT FOUND".

I'm thinking at this point that they're screwed, but I'd at least like
to try to get ahold of the original domain registrar.  Is there
any way to find out who it used to be registered to?

Thanks.

Walt