Stephen Gran on 27 Jan 2004 04:33:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] bogofilter pre-filter

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 10:36:04PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson said:
> Bogofilter works quite well, but it is not perfect, and once in a blue
> moon mail from a good correspondent is classified as spam.
>
> What I would like to do, then, is to modify my procmail script to
> check first if the sender is a member of a known list of good senders.
> If yes, then don't run bogofilter.  If no, then run bogofilter.
>
> Generating the list of known good senders seems easy: I'll define it
> as addresses in my palm pilot or a mutt alias.  I can find these with
> lbdbq, I think, or a simple perl script certainly.  I could use perl
> to generate this nightly.
>
> I could write a simple perl script to extract the From: address from
> the email, extract the email address, then search for that string as
> an exact line match in the file of known good senders.
>
> But maybe a solution to this already exists, although I haven't found
> it when googling.  Indeed, it's a bit hard to find the right query.
>
> Anyone heard of anything relevant?

Formail?  Works great out of procmail - it extracts headers, you embed
perl or shell in your regex, and match away.

|  Stephen Gran                  | When bad men combine, the good must     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | associate; else they will fall one by   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | one, an unpitied sacrifice in a         |
|  			         | contemptible struggle. - Edmund Burke   |