Chris on 2 Feb 2004 20:05:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] verizon DSL

I believe that Verizion DSL allows only one MAC address to be connected to
each user account. Find the MAC address of the Debian box and call Verizon
to tell them this is the MAC address you want associated with the account.

This is an easy fix, but I believe it will help you... IMHO.

This is my first post to this so I hope I did not screw it up!

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of sloopy
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 2:55 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] verizon DSL

i am setting up a machine for my brother-in-law to be a router (running
debian woody) the main problem here is it wont connect to the dsl... on
my OS X machine it connects fine, but when i try to connect with the
linux box the machine sends the authorization but the dsl side doesnt
respond to it... it send it like 10 times and nothing, it actually
responds when it sends initial request to connect but doesnt respond to
the authorization... i used the pppoeconf to set it up, used his login
as on osx (username) and as i have seen suggested online
(username@verizon.net) any ideas on this? he is located in EHT, NJ (just
outside of pleasantville, which is next to west atlantic city)...

thanks,

sloopy.