John Lavin on 5 Feb 2004 12:37:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] X config, woody, sarge, and knoppix

When I went after kde in sid, I updated my sources, did a apt-get update
and then got the kde meta package and everything that kde required.
Moved my sources back to sarge and then did another apt-get update.

That's the most straightforward way that I know of.  If you want to be
more selective, you could pull the specific debs down individually and:
dpkg -i sid-package.deb

Its tedious and I doubt it buys you much, but that is one way to do it.

HTH,
-john

--
John Lavin <jlavin@wayreth.net> http://www.wayreth.net                  ,''`.
Fingerprint: B0AA 4A33 D43F BA67 E524  22F3 DA3B F8C8 2BA4 8C46        : :' :