Jesse Huestis on 20 Feb 2004 20:18:02 -0000

[PLUG] Postfix question

Hi:

I have installed my first production Linux server and have run into a couple of problems. I have worked out most of them.

SuSE 8.0 Standard server

1) I am not able to map the home directory or browse it on the Samba server from a Windows client (tried98, ME and XP). Any idea?

2) On the Postfix server I can send and recieve email using Fetchmail to get inbound to the outside world. The problem is with what should be internal Email using Outlook. Currently the company has a gateway to process email other than the Linux server and internal emails are going out to the Internet and coming back in via that gateway. I have defined my Domain and my loccal network and it should be sent via maildrop to the internal mailbox, but it is not. Could it be that the real domain is a different IP subnet and I need to use a dummy Domain to resolve the issue?

Thanks
Jesse