Tobias DiPasquale on 5 Mar 2004 22:15:03 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Can someone explain this ssh behavior?

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 17:01, kaze wrote:
> Hmmm, That sounds reasonable, I will check, but I don't think iptables is
> running/configured on there, just whatever RedHat 9.x does by default during
> the install. Fits the symptoms though.
>
> Don't think I described the problem clearly though initially:
> * Home machine T tries to ssh over the 'net to machine SA - session hangs
> * Machine T is behind a Linky firewall
> * Machine SA is behind a Cisco ACL firewall
> * Machine Q, also behind the same firewall as SA, ssh's to SA fine
> * Once the Q to SA ssh session is active, T is able to ssh to SA fine
> * Ending the Q to SA ssh session has no effect on the now up T to SA ssh
> session

Yeah, my bad. In light of that information, that would have nothing to
do with iptables on machine T, but lots to do with the configuration of
the Cisco ACL firewall. Something strange is going on there, to be
certain. You might want to do a packet capture to see what is happening
before you ssh from Q to SA and see if that indicates the problem more
fully.

--
Tobias DiPasquale, www.cbcg.net
202A 04C4 2CE6 B985 8520  88D6 CD25 1A6C B9B5 1595