Art Clemons on 11 Apr 2004 01:48:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Detailed document

Bill Patterson:
>I'm one of those Linux users who still uses Windoze for mail, and my >McAfee virus scanner has to be supressed because otherwise it finds so
>many viruses or it has such a significant bug that it STOPS my mail
>altogether!

I'm trying hard to think of any major email provider that can't be accessed in Linux, and I frankly cannot. I also can't think of a major protocol for transferring mail that doesn't have a linux client. If you're getting warnings that your email has an infected file by a virus scanner, you should not open that piece of mail or download any attachments identified as having a virus, trojan or other piece of malware unless said viral detection software is so worthless that it should not be used. I'ld suggest not using windows software if you can't deal with the windows malware and instead use linux to access your email.