Michael C. Toren on 11 Apr 2004 04:09:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Detailed document

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 08:20:01PM -0400, Mike Leone wrote:
> Well, it is possible to run a virus scanner on a Linux mail server - I
> personally run ClamAV and f-prot on mine. The PLUG mailing list goes
> through Mike Toren's mailserver these days, doesn't it?

Yes, although I'm not very keen on running anti-virus software on my
server at the moment.  However, if there are a few common lines in the
MIME-encoded body of these virus messages that anyone is aware of, I'd be
willing to drop in a procmail recipe to filter on them.

FWIW, plug-admin has been getting hit much, much harder than the plug list
with messages containing invalid From: headers -- perhaps a thousand or so
each week, plus or minus a couple hundred.  As a result, it prompted me to
write mailman-pop3d <http://michael.toren.net/code/mailman-pop3d/> to help
manage the queue.

-mct