Art Clemons on 19 Apr 2004 22:08:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] InformationWeek Article: Lack of Linux driver for onboard Intel soundcard = a "huge, gaping hole"

I recall
RH 8.0 having issues with the i810 VIDEO card, but I've never
encountered any support problems with the SOUND card.

If you used KDE, for a while, KDE audio didn't adequately support the i810 Audio chip, because it chose 48KHz rather than the standard 44KHz default audio setting and could not be set to 44KHz. It was most annoying with just an onboard audio setup. I might note that under OSS with a 2.4.X kernel, the OSS selection presented the same problem.