Magnus Hedemark on 5 May 2004 01:30:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] A LINUX meeting in Exton Tues 4/13 and Monday 5/10

On Tue, 4 May 2004, sean finney wrote:

> i'd be interested to hear about any developments for an at-swat meeting,
> as i work there half the week and live within walking distance.  how
> many delco people are we talking about anyway?

/me raises his hand. (duh)

I'm in Prospect Park.  Swarthmore is only a few miles away, so I'm *very*
game to meet with some local FOSS enthusiasts there.

Small nit - can we avoid calling it a LUG if we get something started?  A
lot of these groups tend to polarize its members when the natural tendency
to discuss *BSD comes up.  While some are very tolerant, others take the
viewpoint that the very nature of a LINUX Users Group precludes the
constructive discussion of other free OS's.  IMHO I'd like to see a group
meet from time to time that encourages the discussion of *anything* that
has an OSI-approved license.