Keith Bentrup on 20 May 2004 04:34:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] remember when you had a modem ...

thanks for the tip, michael, i tried your suggestion and a few variations, it didn't quite work, but as i was writing to you to explain what else i tried, a few other ideas came into my head

i had tried 'init-chat "" AT#CID=1 OK' in the /etc/mgetty/mgetty.config that i found by googling but i couldn't verify that the modem is actually using those settings or even reading mgetty.config before the other program is being called

then i was trying to work out in my head what vm, vgetty, and mgetty actually were and what they did when i came across someone issuing commands to vgetty via the -m option ... so i tried that and it worked!

thanks for being a sounding board, if i didn't have plug to bouce ideas off of or have someone to try to explain myself too, i'd probably still be banging my head on the desk

cheers,
-k