Tom Diehl on 30 May 2004 16:02:02 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Robert Cringely expounds upon Linux and the WRT54G

On Sun, 30 May 2004, Barry Roomberg wrote:

> Every single TOS for cable and DSL that I have seen specifically excludes
> reselling your bandwidth.  Even DSL w/ dedicated IP and the ability to put up
> servers STILL says you can't open up your connection for other people to pay
> you to access it.
>
> The economics are BS.  The second your provider sniffs out the traffic they
> will shut you down.

Look at speakeasy.net. They have a program for reselling your bandwidth to
people within wireless range. Admittedly they want a cut but at least they
allow it. In addition their service is very well run. I have been with them
for over a year and a half with very few problems.

Tom