Michael C. Toren on 30 May 2004 17:32:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: Robert Cringely expounds upon Linux and the WRT54G

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 11:19:12AM -0400, Barry Roomberg wrote:
> Every single TOS for cable and DSL that I have seen specifically excludes
> reselling your bandwidth.  Even DSL w/ dedicated IP and the ability to put up
> servers STILL says you can't open up your connection for other people to pay
> you to access it.

FWIW, Robert Cringely has addressed this issue in earlier wireless articles:

Additionally, there are two providers servicing the Philadelphia area today
(Speakeasy and DACNet) which for the most part don't care what you do with
your DSL bandwidth once you pay them for it, especially if you're paying for
business-class DSL.

-mct