Jesse Huestis on 18 Jun 2004 10:24:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] non-standard 11g

Hi:

I have been using and recommending DLink to my customers. It has a "Super G" standard using a spread spectrum for max throughput. I found at a couple sites with neighbors also using wireless G that we were getting interference and dropping out. To fix the issue, I changed the setting to Standard G with compression to get the 108 an used a different channel (other than 6). I would be curious to find out what the possibiliies are if the neighbors had used a channel other than 6.

But DLink is a fairly effective product. My major beef is the time they take to come out with new drivers when there are issues.

Jesse

Paul wrote:

Jason Costomiris wrote:

I just ran nttcp on my server as "nttcp -i -r", and on the client as "nttcp 10.x.x.x".

Oh, I forgot to mention, adding "-T" to the nttcp client command helped me. "nttcp -T x.x.x.x" Adding the "-T" causes a title line to be printed. Like this:

Bytes Real s CPU s Real-MBit/s CPU-MBit/s Calls Real-C/s CPU-C/s