Paul on 19 Jun 2004 06:27:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] non-standard 11g

Jesse Huestis wrote:

I have been using and recommending DLink to my customers. It has a "Super G" standard using a spread spectrum for max throughput. I found at a couple sites with neighbors also using wireless G that we were getting interference and dropping out. To fix the issue, I changed the setting to Standard G with compression to get the 108 an used a different channel (other than 6). I would be curious to find out what the possibiliies are if the neighbors had used a channel other than 6.

I think routers should be set to random channels before they ship. I switched my Linux/PC-based access point to channel 10 because no one else was using channel 10 and my cantenna is most sensitive at higher frequencies. Otherwise, the channel doesn't seem to matter in my case.