Art Alexion on 23 Jun 2004 22:45:07 -0000

Re: [PLUG] enigmail broken?

Frederick Heckel wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:25:16 -0400 Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net>
claimed:

The only way to get it to sign consistently is to use pgp/mime, rather
than ascii armor. I prefer using armor by default because the attachment that Outlook users get with pgp/mime freaks them out.

I love how, until I started adding:

(The strange attachment is my digital signature; do not be alarmed)

to my signature, people would often respond with "I couldn't open your
attachment" rather than alarm... If nothing else, you might just do
this. I haven't gotten any confused/alarmed emails since I took this
policy. I have this vague feeling like pgp/mime is the Right Way to do
things anyway.

FWIW, that signature line actually has proven successful. I haven't
gotten any confused/alarmed emails back from people in the year or so
since I started using it.

I'll give it a try as pgp/mime has some advantages over armor.

--

art Alexion