Erin Mulder on 24 Jun 2004 17:47:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] UG Meeting room: Recommendations for Finding One

David Kaplowitz wrote:
> So my question to you, PLUG, who were once a tiny group of enthusiasts
> in the same position we are, can any of you recommend how I might go
> about finding a meeting place that meets our requirements?

This is a pretty simple idea, but are you certain that none of your other potential members can borrow a small conference room in the office where s/he works? Several of us do that at my company and it works out great. If none of your current members have access to such a room, try networking with friends to see if any of them would be willing to "join" just to sponsor the meeting at their offices.

As you attract more members with conference rooms, you may be able to rotate the meetings around to different offices, which can help attract the people who are willing to drive 10 minutes to try out your UG, but not 20. Once you get too big for a conference room, you'll have enough people to get sponsored meeting space.

Cheers,
Erin