Paul on 27 Jun 2004 05:30:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Spammers Using My Domain

I just used the SPF wizard to create the following record:

dpagin.net. IN TXT "v=spf1 a:smtp.comcast.net -all"

"smtp.comcast.net is also allowed to send mail from dpagin.net. No other servers are allowed to send mail from dpagin.net."

Then I realized that I *never* send mail *from* that domain. Which means I could use a record such as this:

dpagin.net. IN TXT "v=spf1 -all"

"No servers are allowed to send mail from dpagin.net."

But, GoDaddy, my registrar, only allows me to create A, CNAME, and MX records. Does that mean it will be impossible for me to add the SPF record to my DNS config?