Ben Dugan on 7 Jul 2004 13:32:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] administrivia: PLUG domain names, and donation requests

Michael C. Toren wrote:

As some of you already know, for the past few years Darxus and I have been paying for and maintaining the phillylinux.com, .net, and .org domain names. It's a service we're happy to provide to the PLUG community, but one whose cost adds up over time. Recently two of the domains were up for renewal again, and we've decided to ask for small, individual contributions at the PLUG meeting tomorrow to help offset the cost.

I'm very interested in hearing thoughts and comments to these guidelines.

This sounds very reasonable and warranted. But I don't make it to very many meetings, and I won't be at the one tonight. Could you provide one other payment option (mail, Paypal, or something)?

Ben