gabriel rosenkoetter on 13 Jul 2004 01:25:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] VoIP

Sheesh. Proofread, Gabe.

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 07:55:06PM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> I've a couple of friends with Packet8 service, and
> their equally content.

s/eir/ey're/

> and I understand why this would be a concern in the "maked intruder
> in home" context, but I'd much rather have my privacy.

s/maked/masked/

> You have to actively ask for the phone number to be listed with
> VoIP, and I've had zero sales calls since switching over.

(I didn't have my number listed. Note that you have to pay Verizon
extra for the "service" of an unlisted number... but businesses have
to pay Verizon extra to *be* listed. Go figure.)

> One of my Packet8-using friends, who is a network
> infrastructure consultant, recently spent about a month with his
> parents-in-law (and wife), taking his Packet8 phone box along. He
> was able to function as if he were working from his home office.

The salient point here is that the parents-in-law live in Sweden.
:^>

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net