Russell Nordquist on 15 Jul 2004 23:33:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] DSL w/o local phone

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 14:39, Kevin Brosius wrote:

> Russell,
>   Are you planning no phone service at all?  You can also get high speed
> internet (It's not ADSL, but named RADSL, IIRC) from Cavalier, but I
> think you have to get a voice line also.  There are some notes in an
> older message here:
> http://kevb.net:3000/lurker/message/20030514.173131.260c8048.html .

To complete this thread, I decided to go with Cavalier. unlimited local
+ 5c long distance + DSL for $50. not bad, eh? i called their tech
people and it is ADSL, not RADSL. however, this depends on your CO, but
they indicated to me that they were moving to all ADSL. the speeds they
quoted me were 2M down and 760k up (static IP :). best of all there is
not contract and the modem is free.

the down side is that it is going to take 15-20 business days for
activation. so, i may be w/o be biking to the terminal market for free
wireless for a while.

thanks for wasting your bandwidth on my ISP quest. at least it's
archived for future use.

russell