gabriel rosenkoetter on 16 Jul 2004 00:02:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] DSL w/o local phone

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 03:39:38PM -0400, Kevin Brosius wrote:
>   Are you planning no phone service at all?  You can also get high speed
> internet (It's not ADSL, but named RADSL, IIRC) from Cavalier,

Is to.

The R just means "residential".

The A means "asynchronous" (your down- and upload speeds differ;
often, you've got a less-giving SLA as well, though that's not
inherently true).

I really like my SDSL line from Speakeasy, but it's enough money
that you have to actually want the QoS (and low-latency, relative to
a cable modem) for it to be worth it.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net