Dan Widyono on 20 Jul 2004 15:12:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: UPS Recommendations?

> > I have other equally good stories, but they are reliable and made mostly
> > in the US by a company from Boston area.
>
> Actually, they are in West Kingston, Rhode Island, which is about a 20 minute
> drive south of Providence. Not that it really matters, but...

That's minor nitpicking really, since SouthWest at least calls travel to PVD
"Philly to Boston".  I just used that deal to get to Usenix '04 (which was in
Boston, Copley Place).  These days a one-hour commute is well within "<city>
area" limits.  E.g. Media is in the Philadelphia area.

And to remain on topic, we use APC's exclusively and we are happy with them.
We just installed apcupsd and it seems to work nicely.  Don't know yet what
relation Kern Sibbald has with APC...  www.apcupsd.com.

Dan W.