Ron Mansolino on 31 Aug 2004 20:56:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Shopping Cart Scripts

jim@essistants.com said...

> I suppose this is slightly off topic, but since most likely the best
> candidate will reside on a linux server, I figure it's probably a good
> place.
>
> I was wondering if anyone could relay their personal experiences with any
> shopping cart scripts.  I am looking for something pretty simple,
> basically just the ability to have a few items, a cart itself, and the
> ability to pass information to a third party merchant account provider.
>
> As far as paid/free, obviously free is good, but people who have had good
> experiences with stuff that costs money is good too.  I personally don't
> care if it's even ASP, I just want to hear about any positive experiences
> people have had.

for a while, the big one was minivend (perl) which was absorbed by Redhat
and renamed Interchange. (I don't know what the status of it is now). It
has it's own markup syntax that wasn't too hard to use. I forget which
merchant system(s) it used. The only other one I see/recognize with any
regularity is called hazel.cgi, I'm not sure whose that is. I've seen PHP
stuff on freshmeat.net, but haven't installed any and don't know about the
credit card backends.

--
Ron Mansolino   RMsolino@netaxs.com   http://www.netaxs.com/~rmsolino/