Chris Mann on 7 Sep 2004 17:29:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Job Posting

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 12:55, Paul wrote:
> You call that stepping up?!  By December, if you hired someone already,
> that person would become the experienced admin that you are seeking.
> And, as a result of having the opportunity to grow into the position,
> that person might be more loyal, happier, and require a lower salary
> than a person with the *exact* qualifications at hire.

Paul, I'm not sure what you're getting at, although you tone does sound
inflammatory. While, I may agree with you, point of the matter is that
I've my order I've to follow. And if the powers that be say that we can
afford to higher in Dec, then guess what, we hire in Dec and start
interviewing now. I'm sorry if that offends your senses.

--
Chris Mann, SAGE
Systems Administrator