Paul on 7 Sep 2004 18:11:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: Job Posting

Chris Mann wrote:

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 12:55, Paul wrote:

You call that stepping up?! By December, if you hired someone already, that person would become the experienced admin that you are seeking. And, as a result of having the opportunity to grow into the position, that person might be more loyal, happier, and require a lower salary than a person with the *exact* qualifications at hire.

Paul, I'm not sure what you're getting at, although you tone does sound inflammatory. While, I may agree with you, point of the matter is that I've my order I've to follow. And if the powers that be say that we can afford to higher in Dec, then guess what, we hire in Dec and start interviewing now. I'm sorry if that offends your senses.

I didn't mean to write with a 'tude.  Sorry.

If it's a matter of budget, that makes sense. And, yeah, you are under orders. No problem. The thing that I would have issue with is the judgment that it makes sense wasting so much time to find the *exact* fit, and that that constitutes "stepping up" the search. I guess I take it too personally.