Dave Harding on 9 Sep 2004 21:09:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Using fetchmail to read from an Exchange public folder for learning spam

Michael Leone wrote:

| Dave Harding said:
| |
| |     I would recomend not running SA as root if you can avoid it for
| | all the usual reasons.
|
| My postfix calls amavisd-new, which daemonizes and runs the SA perl
| modules directly, so I am actually never running SA; everything is handled
| by amavisd-new (as well as virus-scanning via clamd).

	My appologies, I wasn't clear.  You had previously indicated
that you had no user accounts on the postfix server, you had also
indicated that was where you intended to run sa-learn --spam.  I was
recommending you not run a cronjob that called sa-learn as root.

Sorry for the confusion,

-Dave
--
I had a terrible dream last night: There was a note tacked to the server
room door that read, "There is No Escape". When I told my therapist