Paul on 11 Sep 2004 13:09:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] weird mozilla spam issue

Art Alexion wrote:

Current mozilla releases have a built in bogofilter that marks mail as spam, and you can configure it to move of delete the detected spam. It currently misses about 10% of actual spam (false negatives) but only gets 0.2% false positives (1 in 328, today) and those tend to be spam looking messages from vendors whose ads I have an interest in.

Thanks for mentioning this. You inspired me to learn about and configure Mozilla's "Junk Mail Controls." It only took a few minutes. It used to annoy me when mail would be marked as Junk because I didn't know how the system worked and didn't take the time to learn.
Philadelphia Linux Users Group --
Announcements -
General Discussion --