Paul on 13 Sep 2004 07:23:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] More critique of Linux desktop

Howard Bloom wrote:

So instead of ACT/Outlook I get Mozilla/Nothing.

I think Evolution is a closer comparison to Outlook. As far as ACT! goes, I don't know if there is a comparable database product for Linux.

It is interesting that the products that you use under Windows are pretty much stand-alone, GUI-based programs. Some options for Linux programs may be client/server-based. So, I'm thinking that you may find a Web-based database program that might fill your needs.

Mozilla nothing is what you may think and experience, but it is definitely not the extent of the abilities of a Linux desktop. Do you know that major movie studios run Linux desktops which double as cluster nodes after hours? Someone should tell them that Linux isn't ready to do that yet!

THAT'S IT.  I WILL SAY NO MORE.  (Like I said before. Hehe. Seriously.)