Tobias DiPasquale on 13 Sep 2004 11:53:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] More critique of Linux desktop

On Sep 13, 2004, at 3:22 AM, Paul wrote:
Howard Bloom wrote:

So instead of ACT/Outlook I get Mozilla/Nothing.

I think Evolution is a closer comparison to Outlook. As far as ACT! goes, I don't know if there is a comparable database product for Linux.

There isn't. There may be some projects started out there, but they're not prime-time. That's one big thing that Linux is missing. ACT! is used by tons and tons of small businesses out there and they won't be making the switch before a comparable product exists. I've helped a bunch of Windows users in the past that would have switched to Linux if not for the absence of an ACT!-alike product.

- --
Tobias DiPasquale
202A 04C4 2CE6 B985 8520  88D6 CD25 1A6C B9B5 1595
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (Darwin)