Stephen Gran on 13 Sep 2004 17:30:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] iptables -A INPUT -s Howard_Bloom/0 -j DROP

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 01:03:37PM -0400, Howard Bloom said:
> [...]

I don't.  I want to see a world with a variety of OS's doing their
individual jobs well.  Linux may not be the best OS for a heart monitor
or a telephone.  It is quite likely the best development model, however.
What you are advocating here is not much different than what we have
today with a simple s/MS/linux/g run over it, and I don't see that as
much better.

> I want to bring Microsoft to their knees but I'm not willing to hurt myself
> in the process.

Then I guess you don't really want it :)

> I am not a programmer - I am a consultant.  I couldn't code my way out of an
> oily paper bag.
>
> Not sad at all, it is quite liberating to know ones strengths and
> weaknesses.

If you are willing to pay, as you said you are, then there are a number
of very competent programmers on this list who could code up whatever it
is you need ACT! for in a fairly short time, I would think.  But as I
said, you don't seem interested in moving forward, you only seem
interested in complaining.

If I'm wrong, and you really want to move linux forward, then put your
money where your mouth is.  A simple polite query for this would likely
get you several responses.  I doubt I'll see that query, though.

Take care,
|  Stephen Gran                  | You can tell how far we have to go,     |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | when FORTRAN is the language of         |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | supercomputers.   -- Steven Feiner      |