George Gallen on 13 Sep 2004 17:41:02 -0000

RE: [PLUG] More critique of Linux desktop

Title: RE: [PLUG] More critique of Linux desktop

I missed most of the fun chatter on this...

But, in a business setting, switching OS's should have
a financial motivation. Just because the OS is free and/or
open source isn't enough, if you have to spend hours yourself
and/or pay someone else to retool the new OS.

If Windows is doing the job, and doing it adequately...great.
when it stops doing it adequately, then you need to look into
  an alternative, whether it's a different MS OS, or not.

Linux is great for some things, and terrible for others
Windows is great for some things, and terrible for lots of others

Point being, I don't either will put either out of the market
each OS has it's faults that allow the other a niche.

Best of both worlds is running two networks, windows and linux

George